Art Porter Music Education Memorial Scholarship Program
To assist with fulfilling its mission, the Art Porter Music Education, Inc. Board of Directors established a scholarship program in memory of Art Porter, Sr. and Art Porter, Jr. The scholarships are provided to promote excellence in music education by encouraging and supporting the development of musically talented Arkansas high school graduates.
The Art Porter Music Education, Inc. Board of Directors will award scholarships to Arkansas high school graduates who have demonstrated musical talent in their community. This scholarship is intended to assist an eligible student who wishes to pursue a degree in the field of music.
The Art Porter Music Education Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $3,000.00 will be awarded over a four year period to a graduating high school senior. The scholarship award will be distributed in four (4) installments; $1,500.00 the first year, and $500.00 for the next three (3) consecutive years. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 must be maintained each year. The award will be based on the following criteria:
- A grade point average of 2.5 or greater out of a possible 4.0
- Demonstrated musical talent in school or community activities
- The pursuit of a music degree and career
- Letters of recommendation attesting to the student’s musical and academic capabilities, and character
- A commitment to serve the State of Arkansas for at least one year after graduation from college or university
The scholarship recipient will be awarded $1,500.00 or $500.00 upon proof of registration for the fall semester. (Upon registration, the recipient must provide evidence of being enrolled in a college or university to APME before receiving scholarship award)