Distinguished Music Educator/ Supporter of the Arts Award Criteria
The purpose of the annual Distinguished Music Educator/Supporter of the Arts Award is to recognize outstanding music educators/supporters of the arts for their individual achievements, contributions to their fields or professions, and service to their community. Art Porter Music Education (APME) recognizes that our great scholarship recipients and other talented music students could not have attained their achievement goals without the support of dedicated music educators. For this reason, APME has established the Distinguished Music Educator/Supporter of the Arts Award. The recipient will be granted a financial award of $500.00 to support teaching and learning.
- The recipient may be a current or retired music educator.
- The recipient should have a minimum of five years of teaching experience.
- All music teachers (K-12) will be considered.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Candidates should be viewed as distinguished in his or her field.
- Candidates should have demonstrated outstanding volunteer service.
- Candidates should have demonstrated a pride for the arts through contributed time, talent and/or resources.
- Candidates must have demonstrated the highest standard of personal integrity and character.
Method of Nomination
- Nominations may be made by anyone associated with public or private schools in Arkansas.
- Nominations may be made by members of any recognized professional music organization in Arkansas.
- A nomination letter must be submitted for each nominee. Based on the selection criteria, the nomination letter must describe why the nominee should be considered for the Distinguished Music Educator/Supporter of the Arts Award. The letter should be no longer than two doubled-space pages.
- A maximum of two awards will be granted per year
- The Distinguished Awards Committee (DAC) will make recommendations to the Board of Directors for final approval
- The DAC will consist of a minimum of three members to be selected by APME President.
- The Distinguished Music Educator/Supporter of the Arts Award will be presented at a public recognition event. (The award will be presented only if the committee identifies a candidate)
- All Nominations must be received by the end of December of each academic year.
Complete the form below to make a nomination for the Distinguished Music Educator/Supporter of the Arts Award.